Started the day at Edgar Road Office
- Responded to e-mails
- Prepared for Wednesday's PDC meeting
- Found Flipped Teaching Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4a7NbUIr_iQ
- Printed Do's and Don'ts for a Flipped classroom
- Printed Handout of presentation
- Printed Kindergarten resources for Kindergarten meeting
At 9:30 went to central office for a full day/half day kindergarten discussion. Agenda included:
- What does a full day or half day kindergarten's teacher look like?
- What "programs" are they expected to "teach"?
- What experiences are all kids having regardless of full or half day?
- Where is the opportunity to find space for items like play, community building, classroom spaces, science , and social studies?
Back to Edgar Road:
- Stopped by a kindergarten class to watch them using shaving cream to teach letter writing. So awesome and so messy!
- Read about a researched "Genius Hour" as an alternative for 20% time.
- Created a template for the creation of vertical teams in Science and Social Studies
- Created Elementary School MAP data report for:
Process for Curating MAP data
- Created Excel file for School
- Copied Data for school from Content_standard_Details
- Calculated averages for district pasted on Data Summary
- Opened MAP IEP Race Etc file
- Calculated averages posted on Data Summary
- Determine numbers of students in each area and subset
- Copied MAP IEP RACE ETC copied and pasted School data
- Convert formulaic text to numbers
- Calculate averages for school
- Conditional Format Content Strands
- Determined School's performance relative to average
- Opened MAP_GOAL_PROCESS_IBD
- Conditional format %Earned
- Copied District Data Over
- Copied School Data Over
- Sorted by %Earned, Determined characteristics of goals of top 20 and bottom 20 objectives
- Pasted to Data Summary