Started the day with announcements:
- CNI server
- youtube video
- curriculum template
- review of materials at Edgar Road
- MAP data for current 5th graders
- NCSS conference next year
Next discussed the pacing guide for the year.
- Added units to pacing guide
- Discussed overview of year
Went through the Missouri GLE's and highlighted key topics that were covered in out units for the year.
Discussed Ancient Civilization.
- Discussed SS themes
- Key points within the unit
- Key topics within the unit
- Created learning goals for our unit
- Created proficiency scales for our unit
- Revised the Ancient civilization unit assessment
- Determined we will use the new assessment as the study guide to get feedback and test it's length and connection to our instruction.
For the future:
- Continue working on pacing guide
- Continue sharing lessons surround various learning goals
- Requesting another day in the spring to continue this curriculum conversation
- Need to look at the objectives and determine what is the BIG IDEA for our unit.
- Discuss shared experiences for the unit