We started with why we were there:
- To discuss what MS SS will "Look like"
- To ensure logical continuity to a storyline
- To be influenced by the CCSS
- To catch up to the "Jones'" in revitalizing our curriculum and content.
How we were going to work together:
- Discussed ROPES expectations
- emphasis on not everyone "getting their way"
- Not a "land grab"
What will the result be:
- Time is up and we have to go back to school.
- Some common agreement on 678 looks like
- understanding that we aren't "DONE" but we're on our way.
We made comments about K-5 articulation such as:
- Noted the clarity of the K-5 story was good and seemed logical.
- Emphasis on Native American in 2nd grade probably won't be "enough" and to continue to story in 5th.
- 5th grade starts at Native Americans and moves up through civil war.
- 3rd grade City/Local government would give opportunity to discuss City of Webster Groves and tell the multicultural story.
We discusses the High School's articulation such as:
- World geography and US government (EOC exam) in 9th grade
- 10th grade World/Ancient history
- 11th grade US history
We landed here for 6-8 articulation (today, with the understanding that we will adjust moving forward):