- Emails regarding meeting this week
- Set up for vertical team
- reminded Avery about Day
- sent email to Dr. Simpson Re: EdcampSTL
- confirmed Clark Day
- Read Social Justice articles for 2nd year planning meeting
- Read CyberLearning Grant
- Worked on Document re: grant
Met to plan 2nd year teacher program.
GOAL: Continue with what they’ve been learning with a focus on how they’re approach, teaching, etc. might look different.
Learning Goal: TWBAT describe a culturally relevant teacher.
Icebreaker: Cultural Pursuit 3:45 - 4:00
4:00 - 4:10 - solo
List automatic things we say, share with partner, small group
4:10 - 4:20 - table groups
4:20 - Put up graphic
4:20 - 4:35 BREAK, react to graphic in table group
4:35 - 4:45 Whole group
- Which of these are strengths
- which of these are clear
- Who does this well?
- Where's my growth?
- What's confusing?
4:45 - 5:00 Crede, homework, evals
Deb to make handout/reflection
I'll put the slides....
Brain storm things to think about before school.
3:45 - 5
1995 article: http://www.ascd.org/publications/educational-leadership/sept95/vol53/num01/A-Framework-for-Culturally-Responsive-Teaching.aspx
2011 framework: http://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ914924.pdf
Homework for March: CREDE standards: http://people.uncw.edu/robertsonj/SEC210/CREDE.pdf
Reflect your CREDE
Knockout Meme: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-knockout-game
Knockout game and racism: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/11/25/1258193/-The-Knockout-Game-is-a-Dream-Come-True-for-Racist-White-Conservatives#
Met to work on "Leveraging District Networks to Increase Collaboration."
Headed over to Hixson to meet regarding curriculum development for science and social studies.
- Nod to content in proficiency scales ( eg. in weather and climate)
- Add domain specific vocabulary
- Little more kid friendly
Social Studies Notes:
- Combine Missouri citizen and other.
- Continue to nudge alignment of a 3 and the learning goal.
- kid friendly
Went home to work on:
- Curriculum drafts for Kindergarten
- Agenda for Kindergarten meeting