After school went over to Hixson to facilitate the discussion around resource adoption. Agenda included:
- Idea of morphing some textbooks along with starting digital books
- Which units are in desperate need of new texts?
- 8th grade = Chemistry/Energy -> Electricity/Magnetism -> Forces and Machines
- Physical Science
- 7th grade = Genetics -> 1 class set of Weather (via matching) -> Life Science
- Life Science
- 1 more class set of Weather
- Tech dilemma in regards to digital books.
- Platforms for digital books
- I talked to Rob to look into what we would get if we wrote a book on Apply IBooks and switched it thru Bookry so that PC's would be able to view the work.
- Are there other platforms that we should look into?
Progress moving forward will be guerrilla style.
TO DO as a result from the meeting:
Contact Pearson/Prentice Hall, Glencoe/McGraw Hill
Convene to make eval tool
Contact Kirkwood for tool
D to email weather
Install InDesign Tech Req