- Went through what felt like 100 emails.
- Wrote a blog post on Reflecting on #EdcampKC http://coachinandout.blogspot.com/2012/11/reflecting-on-edcampkc.html
- Read another GREAT resource on how to use twitter by Wiggins: http://grantwiggins.wordpress.com/2012/11/11/escaping-isolation-twitter-and-transparency/
- Put together and sent meeting requests for Science and Social Studies CORE facilitators
- Browsed IFTTT recipes used by other people https://ifttt.com/recipes
- Finalized details for 8th grade Social Studies full day workshop
- Searched for "Our United States" Books
- Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0382326903/sr=/qid=/ref=olp_tab_all?ie=UTF8&colid=&coliid=&me=&qid=&seller=&sr=
- abebooks: http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?isbn=0382326903&sts=t
- Finalized Agendas for Science/Social Studies Facilitators
- Performance assessments are designed to judge student abilities to USE specific knowledge and research skills
- Most performance assessments require the student to manipulate equipment to solve a problem or make an analysis.
- Rich performance assessments reveal a variety of problem- solving approaches, thus providing insight into a student's level of conceptual and procedural knowledge
- Performance assessment shhhtrategies are composed of three distinct parts: a performance task; a format in which the student responds; and a predetermined scoring system.
- Performance assessments are typically inappropriate for measuring student knowledge of facts
- Performance assessments use grading strategies that are commonly used in the performing arts, fine arts, and Olympic competitions
- Definition—students demonstrate their knowledge and skills by engaging in a process or constructing a product.1. Purpose for the assessment2. Tasks or prompts that elicit the expected performance3. A response demand that focuses the student’s performance (must be authentic)4. A systematic method for rating the performances (scoring guide)
- Assessing Performance Assessment
Began working on Facilitator Workshop for End of Nov meeting date.
Recorded directions on how to access the CNI Server.
Went home to complete:
- Homework for PBLU.org class
- Watch youtube video blocked here: http://youtu.be/xQnGaSXbEEQ
- Watched this for an assignment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nepilt0RuLQ
- downloaded project management form: http://www.bie.org/tools/freebies/management_log
- check out meet - meme
- add Science iOS training to Apple calendar
- Clear off iPad to investigate iBooks for Middle School