Assisted Dr. Simpson on the presentation for the information of the CCSS.
Backchannel conversation recorded here: http://todaysmeet.com/wgsd
Facilitated the sorting activity with 6th grade and encore teachers to gain further clarification on the details included on the CCSS.
Afterwords I led an unpacking activity with the 6th grade World studies and Science teachers.
Presentation found here: https://docs.google.com/a/wgcloud.org/presentation/d/1BKZKXK60Vyt4TWNMlv1VxOG0ADyspw4J9ZG67p-gt-w/edit
I had lunch at Bread Co and met with 7th grade social studies teachers. We discussed assessment creation, revision, and grading.
I then went over to Hixson.
I met with teachers of 8th and 7th grade science and social studies to check in.
I met with 8th grade science department chair to plan the 18th full-day curriculum workshop.
I then went over to Edgar road to clean up and unpack items taken home for the holidays. The network was inconsistent so I went home to answer emails.
From home I added items to to weekend and Monday to do lists:
- Read: http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2013/jan/02/education-resurfaces-on-legislative-agenda/
- Read: http://www.pernilleripp.com/2013/01/when-we-cut-science-and-social-studies.html
- Plan Google Research Skills
- Continue working on ADE
- Finish Google Apps
- Work on Edcamp
- Meet with Susan and Liz re new teacher training
- email Amanda
- Prep for WS meeting
- Prep for Searching skills class