Spent the day at Bristol Elementary. I was there to:
- See science or social studies lessons in action
- Help when/where you need it (not necessarily Sci/SS)
- Answer any technology questions you may have/want
- Help you log on to the NEW Curriculum server
- Have curriculum conversations about Science or Social Studies
- Share MAP data
- Talk about the Next Generation Science Standards
- Build stronger relationships.
- Be supportive and collaborative!
See which rooms I stopped in here: https://docs.google.com/a/wgcloud.org/document/d/1uGl49-26yR172YDYT1xRYzt56WVk9fKrZR8YeSGMuEc/edit
I saw 4th grade working on Circuits:
I then started to update my iPad for our after school session. After downloading software, I ran into trouble...
I was unable to update due to ports being blocked on the WG network. I figured this out using apple's support communities: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4467602?start=0&tstart=0
This made me miss James' Kindergarten class due to having to run to Bread Company to use their Wifi to update and restore software. I went back there later...
After updating went back to Bristol.
Saw 5th grade REVIEW game:
Helped students in 4th grade hook up circuits.
Played in Kindergarten to make a secret decoder necklace (Awesome!):
Met with Gifted ed Teacher to discuss Scratch and found some great resources:
- App for making collages: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pic-collage/id448639966?mt=8
- Programming collaboration: http://www.hitrecord.org/
- Learn Programming: http://hackety.com/
- More Programming: http://www.codecademy.com/#!/exercises/0
- Make a game: http://gamestarmechanic.com/
- Learn to code: http://thecodeplayer.com/
- Like Scratch: http://www.alice.org/
- Make an App: http://gamesalad.com/
I also shared my blog post on how I used scratch and other cool things in my 20% time in my classroom: http://coachinandout.blogspot.com/2012/05/take-day-off-20-time.html
I met with a Kindergarten teacher about changing her password on her apple ID. Used this resource: http://support.apple.com/kb/HE36 Then learned how to change the apple id on the ipad here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2693812?start=120&tstart=0
After school facilitated an iPad workshop on iBooks:
- Demo Book: Life on Earth
- tour interface
- browse bookstore
- search for books
- find a book
- text size
- read to you
- notes, share
- Free books app
After work went home to attend NSTA Web Seminar: Using the NGSS Practices in the Elementary Grades, January 29, 2013January 29, 2013, 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Eastern time