Wednesday, September 26, 2012

9/26 - Clark, Kindergarten fun and Meetings

Started the day at Clark Elementary school.  Spent time in MANY classrooms form kindergarten to 5th grade.  I got the chance to experience the "apple orchard" project

Insert pictures here:

Afterwords I went back to the office to check in, eat lunch and prepare for the rest of the day's activities.  I also sent thank you e-mails to all of those who I went into their room.

At 12:30 I met with Dr. Simpson about scheduling the facilitators meetings for Science/Social studies. We developed a process that included:

  • Bold from other facilitators
  • vet with principals
  • look at dates
  • book rooms
  • Assign after school dates
  • send email

At 1:20 I went into a kindergarten classroom at Edgar road to watch/facilitate force and motion lessons. Kindergarten students are so much fun to be around!

Then at 3:30 I headed over to Hixson to plan for the 2nd/3rd year teacher meetings happening on 10/18 as a half day professional development.

Agenda included:

  • Developing learning goals
  • Developing a theme for the year
  • Timing out tasks for the day
  • Brainstorming future topics

No comments:

Post a Comment