We used Marzano's work on rating learning goals below:
Afterwords I met with Dr. Green of Webster University. We looked for ways to support one another.
Agenda items included:
- Conversation about Missouri GLE's, National Core Standards for the Social Studies and National History standards.
- Discussion on using University and Dr. Green's personal connections to broaden the resources for educators K-12
- Discussion on utilization of resources from "traveling trunk" to docents.
- Kept coming back to the discussion of "SO WHAT" and "WHAT'S THE POINT" does Social studies have a charge or theme?
Went back to the office to complete the following items:
- Ironed out TENTATIVE facilitator agendas for meetings to be called
- E-mailed Administrators about Next year's NCSS conference.
- Recorded Examining student work video and posted to youtube.
- Got into classrooms around Edgar Road. Saw Math instruction in 1st grade, supervised kindergarten recess, conferenced with a teacher and watched writing process instruction for 4th grade, Science computer work in 5th grade and Played the "Buzz" game with second grade.
- Updated Edline sites for Science and Social Studies
After school meeting was canceled.