We used this protocol to review the draft of future science and social studies units, learning goals and proficiency scales.
Here's the protocol:
Reviewing the DRAFT prior to submission
- 2 minutes - Look over for overall issues, spacing, formatting, page breaks, general issues
- 5 minutes - Review learning goal and proficiency scale for clarity and connection to learning goal
- 5 minutes - Change learning goal and proficiency scale to ensure “kid-friendly” language.
- 2 minutes - Evaluate the High Priority Standards - Would it all fall apart?
- 5 minutes - Add “domain specific vocabulary” for level 2
- 2 minutes - Look for misspellings
- 2 minutes - Where do periods need to be added?
- Any time left:
- Develop learning targets to “connect the dots” for kids
- Add concepts/depth of knowledge items to the level 4 on the scale