I helped students with the East Asia project and worked with the teacher on how to revise/improve the project. Here's the scoring guide as it sits now:
- Letter to parents - too many words, scoring guide on the back, let that speak.
- One thing as the checklist, calendar for you displayed in the room. Cross off with them
- Scoring guide focused on the product and not the learning.
- Where’s the reflection? Where’s the uncovered learning/thinking?
- Video of example of expectation and exemplar, let them score it.
- You make one.
- Phases – Earn cards to move form phase to phase
- IDEA: Scoring guide paper with blank sections, earn the next phase scoring guide after first phase is done.
- Students read and submit journal entry on what they notice, see and questions they have.
- Checklist is AWESOME!
- Everything including research/journals spaces.
- Why not Wikipedia? Use it to start, cross reference with others…
- While researching have word or docs open to copy/paste websites and book titles for use with bibme.org later.
Copied for 6th grade Science meeting:
- MS GLEs
- NGSS for Ecology
- Ecology GLEs
- Earth's Process Assessment
- Earth's Process goals
Handled a Edcamp Miscue
Worked on 1st quarter sign ups: http://wgsdq1.signupsheet.com/
- Made accounts for 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter.
Went over to CO for PDC meeting.
- January 4
- Opening Day