Checked in, asked: What's up, What's new?
Reviewed Work from 8/29 Grade Level Meeting
reviewed Vertical Slides
Discussed "Where do we go next?" on 11/4
7th grade to meet with Betty
6th grade to collaborate with American History teachers to build a content bridge
8th grade to world geography, modern?, Problem solving, American Gov't
Reviewed/Edited timeline as needed
Revise this year's to-do list
- Inventory Resources
- Create/Share Common "Assessments"
- Revise curriculum document as needed
- SWAP PD day (resources/Assessment/Activities) (Elem only?)
- Create Equality of resources (Elem only?)
- Determine CORE experiences
- Purchase Resources
- Create Teacher Training Days at Schools (End school Year) (Elem only?)
Reviewed Learning Goals
- Clarified Units
- Clarified content within each unit.
- Created A Curriculum Map of Learning goals by unit
- Created year plan for units of study
- Added Units to Hub
Add any links to documents here:
6th Grade: https://docs.google.com/a/wgcloud.org/document/d/1ssUy1XsqQ-WlB9fh3ftd28wRLK52peUUN374LtJnujE/edit#
Set agenda for future meetings
10/2 - Full Day - 1 NOW
11/18 - Social Studies Vertical Team 2 (after school)
1/15 - Full Day - 2
1/27 - Social Studies Vertical Team 3 (after school)
4/1 - Social Studies Vertical Team 4 (after school)
4/28 - Full Day - 3 (Concern about MAP testing?) (Change to 3/5 or 3/2)
Ideas for things to discuss:
Resource day - Share out what we use at different grade levels
Sharing within the collaboration dates
Create/Share Common "Assessments"
Revise curriculum document as needed
SWAP PD day (resources/Assessment/Activities) (Elem only?)
Create Equality of resources (Elem only?)
Determine CORE experiences
Create Teacher Training Days at Schools (End school Year) (Elem only?)
8th may need a separate additional day.
- What does "Assessment" look like at each grade level?
- counter narrative
- how are we enriching students within a content?
- What are our "Anchor" activities or "CORE" experiences for social studies?
- Proficiency scales and how they are being implemented
- Added Core Targets to all units
- Added vocab to most of the units
- Found and added resources to most of the units (DBQ’s)
- Researched alternative textbook resources
- Linked resources
- Created kid-friendly versions of the learning goals
- Reviewed the current assessment for the Ancient World and plugged in new learning goals
- Discussed proficiency scales and are still looking for a method to create a rubric
- Created new questions to better reflect our learning goals
- We looked over the new curriculum, discussed the units, and possible edits
- may be changing some lessons
- Set dates for two field trips
- Junior Achievement
- Memphis Tennessee, the Civil Rights Museum