We started the day reviewing the work done to the Teacher Resource. 3 units were created to match the trimester set up of the district's reporting process.
Trimester 1: Missouri People, Places and Regions
Trimester 2: History of Missouri
Trimester 3: Government and Global Missouri
We created and shared a 4th grade Curriculum folder in Google drive.
We reviewed the timeline to implementation for this year to aid in our to-do list. This year we will:
- Inventory Resources
- Create/Share Common "Assessments"
- Revise curriculum document as needed
- SWAP PD day (resources/Assessment/Activities)
- Create Equality of resources
- Determine CORE experiences
- Purchase Resources
- Create Teacher Training Days at Schools
Next we reviewed materials to support student learning in Missouri.
- Every facilitator left with Missouri: Gateway to the West books for their school.
- We checked on the status of the Missouri: From Sea to Shining Sea books
- We ordered 122 copies of Missouri: Studies Weekly for teachers to laminate and use.
- Edgar Road - 25 copies
- Avery - 40 copies
- Computer School - 12 copies
- Hudson - 15 copies
- Clark - 15 copies
- Bristol - 15 copies
- We ordered Finding Missouri: Our History & Heritage DVDs, 2 for each school site.
The assessment for Trimester 1 was finalized, seen here.
Teachers then planned activities and experiences for students to have during Unit 1. (same document found here and embedded here.
- scheduling the next meeting
- assigning each school the inventorying of current resources available.
- Continuing to work on unit 2
- Review unit 1: Resources?