The projects they took over were arcade projects.
The students were inspired by the video Caine's arcade:
Caine's Arcade from Nirvan Mullick on Vimeo.
The project highlighted their learning in Electricity but more importantly they were able to demonstrate how fun learning can be in Science.
Here are some images and videos from the day!
What the photos/videos don't capture:
- Older kids caring for younger kids
- kids advertising their game
- pride in their work
- older kids helping younger students
- desire for the older kids to want their game to be the coolest
- When a project breaks the frantic nature for which the older kids were trying to fix it so it worked like it was suppose to.
Afterwords went back to Hixson to clean up. I then went back to Edgar Road.
I worked on a presentation on Next Generation Assessments: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1PX5O-R6pLAYfZMv6xgRLV2zq-3P7YSALjxd3lselcfU/edit#slide=id.p
I finalized notes from the Vertical Team meeting: https://docs.google.com/a/wgcloud.org/document/d/1mdOSL8xxQ1hel5nmjcQKRW59YNg65DOs92kUP401L_A/edit#heading=h.gy2cnbuh97ew