Started the day swinging pendulums in Kindergarten:
I then helped students with their East Asia Projects in World Studies:
I watched and helped students research South Africa:
Also shared the TOP iOs apps for Astronomy: http://www.iphoneness.com/iphone-apps/top-astronomy-applications-for-iphone/
I then had lunch with the Computer school where we discussed tech tips, google resources and ways to use collaboration in the classroom.
I then went up to have lunch with some of the Steger teachers.
Finally I wrapped up the day in a 6th grade science class. We looked at:
- Ways to organize student work
- ways to organize student assessments
- Ways to organize student notebooks
- Conversations to be had with parents about grades and Standards-based grading
Afterwords, went over to Avery to drop off transition materials for a teacher moving from Kindergarten to 3rd grade. Items included:
- List of facilitators for Science and Social studies
- Science GLEs
- Social Studies GLEs
- January Draft of the NGSS for 3rd grade
- How to read the NGSS
I then went over the the Board room to set up for the Vertical Team Meeting for Social Studies.
We completed a sheet like this for every grade level:
Notes from that meeting found here: https://docs.google.com/a/wgcloud.org/document/d/1mdOSL8xxQ1hel5nmjcQKRW59YNg65DOs92kUP401L_A/edit